Creating killer products, one step at a time
To be completely honest, this business is an experiment. An exploration of our creative minds, fueled by an endless supply of toast and tea (a lot of tea). We really appreciate you checking out our website, and for anyone who shares their experiences with us – thank you for helping us to navigate this journey (seriously, it means a lot).
Killer Trails is run by Tom Kelly (Chief Everything Officer) and a ragtag group of designers and writers devoted to bringing interesting locations to life with compelling narratives and design. From our base camp in Leicester, we venture out across the country to reccy all the locations featured in our trails.
The recipe for a thrilling day out
Killer Trails focuses on well-designed trails that get you outside, put a smile on your face, and don’t cost a fortune. We delight in taking locations you might have visited 100 times or never, and turning them into imaginative worlds where you can learn, socialise and explore.
We understand what gives our customers a thrilling day out (as we want the same!) and we maintain a strict level of criteria every trail must pass. We have a great feedback loop with you, our customers which helps us to constantly improve our trails – guaranteeing future customer satisfaction. If there’s something you think could be done better, or think something is missing from a trail, we’d love to hear from you.
Use our little grey cells for good
As well as being a creative outlet, from day one we wanted to use this business, our resources and our imaginations as a force for good. The mission of our products is simple. We want to:
- Make people smile
- Bring friends and families closer together by solving ridiculous clues and stimulating those little grey cells
- Get couch potatoes off social media and drag them outside to absorb some of that essential Vitamin D
- Inspire others to be as passionate about exploring as we are
- Show people you don’t need to venture far or spend a fortune to have a thrilling day out
- Show people how truly great ‘Great Britain’ is
But we can do more
From day one, we’ve committed to giving 1% of all trail sales to our chosen Charity of the Year through our 1% For Good campaign.
This year our Charity of the Year is BBC Children in Need (CiN). In case you hadn’t heard of them, CiN provide grants to projects throughout the UK which focus on children and young people who are disadvantaged. They are currently supporting over 3,000 local charities and projects in communities across the UK. The projects they fund help children facing a range of disadvantages, for example, poverty and deprivation; children who have been the victims of abuse or neglect or disabled young people.
Every three months, we pledge to give 1% of our total trail sales to our Charity of the Year. You can follow and add to this year’s donations via our JustGiving page.
If you work for a charity organisation and think your volunteers or client’s receiving care could benefit from our trails to brighten their day, then please do get in touch. We’d be more than happy to send you a copy.
We are always looking for more creative ways to get involved with local communities. If you have an event that we’d be a good fit for, let us know!
Our trails are only available in digital format. If you choose to print our trails, please consider printing them on 100% recycled paper.
# of trails: 9
Charity: BBC Children in Need
“Hey Super Sleuths! Searching high and low around the site? Well, should you care to read, here is a little info about me, myself and I…
I love creating things that put a smile on your face and bring people together. I always have. Here are a few things that no-doubt led to Killer Trails:
- I’ve been known to create customised board games and DIY escape rooms for Christmas and birthday parties (just for the hell of it)
- I’m a big fan of Geochacing, escape rooms, board games, scavenger hunts, murder mysteries and anything that brings people together in a creative way
- I’ve invented and designed multiple award-winning novelty gifts through my career as a graphic designer
- As a teenager, I organised and promoted sold-out gigs in my local community
- I co-founded and sold an eCommerce business called The Bushcraft Cave
After countless rounds of tea and toast and many trips around the country, Killer Trails was born. This experiment brings together everything I’m passionate about: exploring places, being creative, smiling and helping people. It’s a lot of work, but it’s a whole lot of fun. I really hope you enjoy the trails as much as we enjoy creating them. Thank you for coming along this journey with us. Let’s see where this goes!”