About this trail
Liverpool has an abundance of attractions, and more museums and galleries than any UK city outside London. This Liverpool Murder Mystery Trail has the perfect route plotted out to make sure you see all the highlights.
Death on the Mersey – Liverpool Murder Mystery Trail is a self-guided walking tour that navigates you past some of the best historical and cultural landmarks that Liverpool has to offer including:
- The Three Graces (Royal Liver Building, The Cunard Building and the Port of Liverpool Building)
- Pier Head (the Beatles statue and Museum of Liverpool)
- Albert Dock (Tate Liverpool and The Beatles Story)
- Cavern Club
- St George’s Quarter (Central Library, World Museum, St. John’s Gardens)
- Liverpool Town Hall
- Many more hidden gems
The Liverpool Murder Mystery trail route is relatively flat, about 3.5km long and will take approximately 3 hours to complete. There are plenty of refreshment stops and photo opportunities along the way!
- Start location: Town Hall, L2 3SW
- Clue difficulty: ⭐⭐⭐
- Duration: 3 hours
- Distance: 3.5km
- Terrain: Easy
- Wheelchair/buggy accessible: OK*
The case synopsis:
Organised crime… A wildly extravagant boat party… The death of a mysterious millionaire… But which wealthy and influential suspect is behind the villainous events? Never have your detective powers of deduction been so puzzled as in this blue-chip mystery. Can you navigate Liverpool’s labyrinth and deduce which of the high-profile suspects is the killer before it’s too late?
- A murder mystery themed self-guided walking tour around Liverpool City Centre & Pier Head.
- Discover historical landmarks and hidden gems as you follow the trail.
- Solve clues to discover evidence, eliminate suspected characters and weapons, and ultimately deduce whodunit.
- Instantly downloadable trail.
- Print onto A4 paper or follow the trail using any smartphone or tablet device (see below).
- Ideal for groups of 2-6 people. Only one purchase required per group, so makes for an affordable day out!
- Self-guided tour – do whenever you like and at your own pace.
- Whether a local or visiting somewhere new, our trails are the best way to explore and learn about your surroundings.
- Solve correctly, and you'll receive a certificate and a voucher towards your next trail!
& hidden gems
to crack the case!
- Discover landmarks & hidden gems
- Find clues & solve puzzles
- Deduce whodunit to crack the case!
How does it work?
Our trails are self-guided walking tours. This means you can conquer them at your own pace, taking as many detours and pit-stops as you desire. We’ve investigated all the highlights each location has to offer which have been carefully crafted into our Killer Trails, so there’s plenty of selfie opportunities along each route. Before you know it, you’ll have walked a mile and already be dying to solve your next case!
Simply download and print the trail onto A4 paper and you’re ready to go. No access to a printer? No worries. Alternatively, you can follow the trail using any tablet or smartphone device. Just make sure to note down your answers as you go to complete the Cryptic Crossword when back at home with a warm cuppa. Learn more...
Who is the trail aimed at?
Killer Trails are challenging adventures full of riddles, cryptic puzzles and gripping stories for anyone who loves to explore, socialise and learn. Our creative team has devised compelling narratives for each trail that are full of pop culture parodies for the eagle-eyed detective. You’ll get a kick out of our trails if you enjoy escape rooms, puzzles, scavenger hunts, ghost and historical tours, murder mysteries and board games.
Our Murder Mystery style treasure hunts are ideal for a thrilling day out with family, friends, spouses or colleagues. Highly addictive for adults and the whole family, you’ll be gutted you didn’t find out about us sooner. Our trails work best for small groups of two to six people. Purchasing and printing just one copy of the trail is required per group. Everyone will work better as a team and this also makes for an affordable day out! More than six people in your group?
Plot a killer day out in Liverpool
Liverpool is bursting with things to see and do, including its lively waterfront, grand historic architecture, world-renowned museums, more parks than Paris and a buzzing music scene. Home of the Beatles and sporting success, Liverpool has become one of England’s most legendary cities.
The city is littered with countless hidden gems and public art containing secret messages. We couldn’t have designed a city better for a Killer Trail ourselves! And once the sun sets, Liverpool offers a whole new selection of exciting things to do, including top restaurants and bars in the city’s Baltic Triangle.
If you’re searching for fun things to do in Liverpool today, then call off the search! This Murder Mystery themed trail captures the essence of the city, leaving you with a clear understanding of what the area has to offer, and a smile on your face. If you’re after more ways to magnify your adventure in Liverpool, check out our blog – 10 Cool & Unusual Things To Do In Liverpool.
*The route is all paved or solid. Some road crossing points may not have dropped kerbs. Some of the route has cobbled streets. Head to Euan’s Guide for more local information.