About this trail
This Nottingham Murder Mystery Trail has the perfect route plotted out to make sure you see all the highlights!
The Galleries of Injustice – Nottingham Murder Mystery Trail is a self-guided walking tour that navigates you past some of the best historical landmarks that Nottingham has to offer, including:
- Nottingham Castle
- Lace Market district
- Old Market Square
- National Justice Museum (formerly Galleries of Justice)
- Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem
- Many more hidden gems
The trail route is relatively flat, about 2km long and will take approximately 2.5 hours to complete. There are plenty of refreshment stops and photo opportunities along the way!
Nottingham Trail statistics:
- Start location: Old Market Square, NG1 2BY
- Clue difficulty: ⭐⭐⭐
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Distance: 2km
- Terrain: Easy
- Wheelchair/buggy accessible: OK*
The case synopsis:
A wrongly accused victim sentenced to death… A corrupt court… A textile factory vandalised… And a virtuous woman murdered. Never have your detective powers of deduction been so tangled as in this, your greatest challenge yet. Can you pull at the thread, and unwind the mysteries of the Lace Market before it’s too late?
- A murder mystery themed self-guided walking tour around Nottingham City Centre & Castle.
- Discover historical landmarks and hidden gems as you follow the trail.
- Solve clues to discover evidence, eliminate suspected characters and weapons, and ultimately deduce whodunit.
- Instantly downloadable trail.
- Print onto A4 paper or follow the trail using any smartphone or tablet device (see below).
- Ideal for groups of 2-6 people. Only one purchase required per group, so makes for an affordable day out!
- Self-guided tour – do whenever you like and at your own pace.
- Whether a local or visiting somewhere new, our trails are the best way to explore and learn about your surroundings.
- Solve correctly, and you'll receive a certificate and a voucher towards your next trail!
& hidden gems
to crack the case!
- Discover landmarks & hidden gems
- Find clues & solve puzzles
- Deduce whodunit to crack the case!
How does it work?
Our trails are self-guided walking tours. This means you can conquer them at your own pace, taking as many detours and pit-stops as you desire. We’ve investigated all the highlights each location has to offer which have been carefully crafted into our Killer Trails, so there’s plenty of selfie opportunities along each route. Before you know it, you’ll have walked a mile and already be dying to solve your next case!
Simply download and print the trail onto A4 paper and you’re ready to go. No access to a printer? No worries. Alternatively, you can follow the trail using any tablet or smartphone device. Just make sure to note down your answers as you go to complete the Cryptic Crossword when back at home with a warm cuppa. Learn more...
Who is the trail aimed at?
Killer Trails are challenging adventures full of riddles, cryptic puzzles and gripping stories for anyone who loves to explore, socialise and learn. Our creative team has devised compelling narratives for each trail that are full of pop culture parodies for the eagle-eyed detective. You’ll get a kick out of our trails if you enjoy escape rooms, puzzles, scavenger hunts, ghost and historical tours, murder mysteries and board games.
Our Murder Mystery style treasure hunts are ideal for a thrilling day out with family, friends, spouses or colleagues. Highly addictive for adults and the whole family, you’ll be gutted you didn’t find out about us sooner. Our trails work best for small groups of two to six people. Purchasing and printing just one copy of the trail is required per group. Everyone will work better as a team and this also makes for an affordable day out! More than six people in your group?
Plot a killer day out in Nottingham
Nottingham is the home of legendary outlaw Robin Hood, rich history and sporting glory – making it one of the UK’s top destinations. Rousing stories of rebellion and virtue are written into the city’s DNA. Learn of castles torn apart by civil war, or visit the city’s thriving independent shopping scene which bustles obliviously above a network of over 800 sandstone caves, carved out in the Dark Ages. When the sun sets, Nottingham boasts an eclectic nightlife, from fancy cocktail bars in secret underground caves to some of the UK’s oldest and most haunted pubs.
The trail ends outside the walls of Nottingham Castle. So, a visit here is a great way to magnify your adventure once you’ve solved the case (there is an admission fee). If you’re searching for the best social things to do in Nottingham, this Murder Mystery themed trail is a whole lot of fun. It captures the essence of the city, leaving you with a clear understanding of what the area has to offer, and a smile on your face.
*The route is all pavement or tarmac. Some road crossing points may not have dropped kerbs. Some of the route has cobbled streets. Head to Visit Nottinghamshire’s accessibility page for more local information.